Friday, January 23, 2009

In Cincinatti

All,
  I am in Cincinatti awaiting my flight to San Diego.  It leaves in a little less than a hour.  I'll take a taxi to Escondido and start cranking on getting a phone, getting in the car, and readying for my trip to Big Bear.
 
We got cheered at BWI last night getting off the plane.  I gotta admit, that'll choke you up, especially when one of the VFW guys running the show has a Vietnam ribbon and a Purple Heart on his VFW hat -- makes you humble.
 
Cheers,
jody

--
"...wrap your arms around your body armor, give it a big embrace, and LEARN TO LOVE THE SUCK!"
  -- Sergeant First Class Jenkins, 13 JUL 08

1 comment:

wifeunit said...

Operation Welcome Home Maryland is a wonderful thing and I'm glad they were able to get your flight info on time to show you guys there are plenty of people out here who think you guys deserve to know you are appreciated!

Good luck with your post IA vaca and enjoy the family!!