Friday, January 23, 2009

Brief Stop for Paperwork

All,
  I've been in San Diego for 10 hours.  I complete my ECRC checkout paperwork in 4 hours (GETTING THE TIS DONE, ESPECIALLY GETTING A PHYSICIANS SIGNATURE ON THE MEDICAL TRANSFER SHEET IS THE KEY TO SPEEDY CHECKOUT).  I am now waiting for a plane to B'Ham to see my family (red eye heading east).  Don't trust the damn insurance stuff on plane tickets.  I had to buy a WHOLE NEW TICKET from Delta since the xfer cost ($150) was greater then the original ticket fare ($109). The new ticket cost me $370.  -- I don't understand how that works at all.

  LCDR Jamie Gateau's wife, Kim, is now officially a saint for driving my dumb ass around San Diego so I could go see KL and the boys.  Canonization hearings will commence in a couple of weeks.

CHEERS!
Jody

--
"...wrap your arms around your body armor, give it a big embrace, and LEARN TO LOVE THE SUCK!"
  -- Sergeant First Class Jenkins, 13 JUL 08

1 comment:

Rachael G. said...

Hi there,

I stumbled upon your blog. I have a lot of family members that are deployed right now and I appreciate your service greatly. I want to get the word out about a website for military people. Knowing that a lot of our military personal are in the middle of the desert. Their are probably a lot of things that you all miss from home. Through this site, you can get on and order anything you want or need and have it sent to you. I know that it has helped the family that I have over there a lot; being able to bring some of the comforts of home to you. Check it out at www.themilitaryhookup.com I thought if anyone, you might know people who would benefit from this site or could help get the word out about it.

Thank you again