Saturday, August 2, 2008

Heading to Kuwait

I've attached some more pix of my IA adventure. The first few are from JFK airport. That's right, on the way to Kuwait we had to stop in JFK. Trying to shake down all the knives and stuff from our uniforms was challenging. The picture of my M16, M9, and leatherman on the floor of an airplane are sent to show just how bizarre it is to see honest to god weapons on a charter flight -- really strange.

The next few photos are home-sweet-Camp Virginia. Not much to look at, but it felt pretty lavish after Udairi Range. The next few pix are murals around the base done by different units as they passed through here. Some of them are memorials to folks who didn't come back through.

The last pic is me in my sweaty, unshaven, unshowered, MRE-bloated condition. Yeah, I wasn't exactly happy standing in our tent with no AC. Not funny at all.

I have some videos to send, but the wireless on base is too unreliable to connect my computer to. The call center computer I'm on has no software for reducing the size of the avi. Bummer.

I hope the pix are enjoyable. I'll have more when we get to Afghanistan very soon.

No comments: