Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Surreal Things to Say on Convoy

It's not that I never thought I'd say this, I just never thought of this topic at all.  It sounded pretty surreal coming out of my mouth at the time, but it's even more surreal when I ponder on it.  Last week on the way to Bagram we had some issues, I actually had to say:
 
"Sergeant, stop flipping off the guy pointing the MK19 Automatic Grenade Launcher at us!!"
 
To be fair, his flipping was probably more effective than my frantic waving motions.
 
Good times.
 
Cheers,
Jody

--
"...wrap your arms around your body armor, give it a big embrace, and LEARN TO LOVE THE SUCK!"
  -- Sergeant First Class Jenkins, 13 JUL 08

3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Sometimes a finger is just the thing, and sometimes, not. In some countries it is "he who has the biggest vehicle has the right of way." Maybe in Iraq it is "he who has the biggest gun."

KL Grady said...

Sounds like a blast. Yeah. I said it.

Master Chief Maup1n said...

Sir, You never cease to amaze me.

V/R,
ITSN(SW) Maupin